By "Apache", you're talking about Tomcat, right? The HTTP server continues to be based on the Apache 2.0 HTTP server.

Anyway, the IBM provided version of Tomcat is not only old, crusty, and full of security exploits, they also removed a bunch of functionality from it. You can download Tomcat from http://tomcat.apache.org and run it. If you want an HTTP server in front of it, you can either use a connector or use the proxy stuff in the HTTP server.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:35 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Web400 is very popular forum on midrange

Its befuddling though, for some of us. I have been trying to install a
Java application that needs JDK 1.5 or higher on an up to date V5R4
machine and it won't work. I can't get the server to use JDK 1.5.
Then I read about V6 coming out and I figure that will solve my problems
but now I hear Apache is gone. It looks like another learning curve for
an old RPGer to climb. Man... oh well... best go get some fiber.

From: elehti@...
I believe that the number of messages posted to Web400 far
exceed the number posted to Midrange-L.

Some of the regular posters to Midrange-L may not agree with that, but the number of messages on Web400 has been increasing, and I know some of us are interested in fostering community collaboration here. It seems to me that Web applications in the coming years will have a big effect on the success or failure of the IBM i platform.