Aaron;

You are absolutely right. I think we are on the same page here. I was
actually addressing the UI more that the server side code - even though I
was referring to it as one .. my fault not being to clear ..

One interesting thing though in that discussion: When we are making
statistic on how much time we are using in our company divided up in the MVC
model it is rather scary

Model : 10%
Control: 10%

(This is for normal customer web 2.0 application using IceBreak and ExtJS.)

My guess is - if you go back to a good old 5250 application you will find
that that the same 80% of code is used to manage the interaction with the
displayfiles. If you separate the business logic and data access you only
find around 10% to 20% of efficient code - give and take ?

The idea of just picking the UI of the day for fun can be rather time
consuming = pricy. So - Yes - of cause you need some kind of long term
strategy.

So before diving into Adobe's Flex or decide to give ExtJS a try - you
better make some prototypes and ask if they are funky enough for years to
come - or say - how soon will they be outdated?

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies