Mike,

When did you work with Flex? Was it a project here or on your own time?
I'd like to experiment with it some time if I have have some free time.

Thanks,
Todd

"Mike Eovino"
<meovino@xxxxxxxx
m> To
Sent by: "Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries"
web400-bounces@mi <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
drange.com cc

Subject
Technologies

Please respond to
Web Enabling the
AS400 / iSeries
<web400@midrange.
com>

Nathan,

I believe there is some amount of code sharing in Flex; I do not know
if it is by copy or reference. I haven't gotten that far in my
experimentation with it. I do know that it is fairly easy to use Flex
as a thin UI layer, communicating with web services that wrapper your
back end. You can do quite a bit with Flex, which has its plusses and
minuses. The temptation to include business logic would be great.

We were very interested in Flex, but now that we are starting to see
good mobile browsing experiences, I'm not as sold on it. Of course,
if you keep all your logic on the server side and expose it in simple
ways like RESTful web services, you're prepping yourself for the
future.

Mike E.

This communication and any transmitted documents are intended to be confidential. If there is a problem with this transmission, please contact the sender. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.