WSDL = Web Service Description Language. It is the service definition for your web service. The idea is you can point a tool at the WSDL file and it can generate a client that can use your web service. There is no need to have this generated dynamically.

Also, there isn't anything about CGI that prevents you from creating a standards based web service. What's missing are the tools to do all of the grunt work assembling the bits and pieces and XML parsing.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Syd Nicholson
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 4:40 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] RPG as Web service

Hi Nathan,

IceBreak does comply with "Web Services" and implements services like SOAP,
XML, etc. It is a simple matter to create SOAP, XML, etc. with RPG in
IceBreak. It is not limited to the HTTP protocol.

I am not sure what WSDL files are, I've never to used them - I will need to
check with the IceBreak manufacturers if this is included in Icebreak.
Perhaps if thy are monitoring this thread they can reply!.

Syd