From: Dr Syd Nicholson
Take a look at IceBreak ... uses RPG to create web services.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd like to see more in-depth discussion. I recall an article, written by Jon Paris about using CGIDEV2 to generate formatted XML responses from templates, but it seems to me that ILE based web services need a lot more plumbing than that, if they're going to get off the ground.

I also recall Brad Stone saying that Aaron Bartell knew his XML stuff. Well, Brad used an explicative instead of saying "stuff", but the point is that web services involve generating and consuming WSDL files, and SOAP messages, and stuff like that. There's a lot more to it than generating XML.

Nathan.