The "i" has a perceived expense that does not bear out in practice. It is
considerably less expensive than Intel to run. The "i" does not need armies
of people chasing around after it whenever it coughs, or people changing its
diaper every time it hiccups. The "i" sits quietly in the corner and gets on
with the job. In the Intel arena, the everybody works for the computer like
slaves or ants around a nest, the "i" on the other hand, works for the
business and lets the humans have control!

I have a client - in Aberdeen, Scotland - that runs a 24/7 shop. The have 5
"i" systems, from Model 170 to Model 515. Each system has different job. On
this site there are no (repeat - NO) Windoze servers. The "i" does
everything (file server, print server, fax server, web server, firewall,
internet gateway, mail server, dhcp, dns, etc, etc).

Why does this client use "i"? -- They use it because with "i" they can run a
24/7 shop with zero IT staff. That right, there are no IT staff. This
company pays a retainer for support on an as required basis and have worked
this way since 1994. Never has the system failed in all this time.

Financially, this means that this client saves approx £200,000 per annum in
employment costs. That's £200,000 extra profit every year. The system i pays
for itself in months, and Windoze servers are not welcome on this site. If
any new software requires Windoze, they don't buy, instead they look for
alternatives.

Regarding marketing - well IBM have been informed many times, and the client
has agreed to act as a reference site. But, so far, IBM have not expressed
great interest. Shame!

Syd Nicholson