Richard Schoen wrote:
I'm curious to see some generated JSF as well.
I was going to use it a couple years ago, but it looked like a pain to
code and the IBM toolset would only generate for Websphere, so I
abandoned it.
Not sure what you thought was a pain to code, but EGL is easier than VB - from the ease of defining complex data structures and metadata to a very simple procedural syntax, EGL is pretty easy to use. And you can target Tomcat just as easily as WebSphere.

Maybe there is light.... :-)
Here's the JSF for a simple login page (you'll note a comment identifying the "JSF Handler", which is functionally equivalent to a backing bean or whatever it's called in VB):

<%-- jsf:pagecode language="EGL" location="/EGLSource/jsfhandlers/Login.egl" --%><%-- /jsf:pagecode --%>
<%@page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"; prefix="h"%>
<%@taglib uri="http://www.ibm.com/jsf/html_extended"; prefix="hx"%>
<head>
<title>Login</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme/stylesheet.css"
title="Style">
</head>
<f:view>
<hx:scriptCollector id="scriptCollector1"
preRender="#{Login._preRender}" postRender="#{Login._postRender}">
<h3>Log In</h3>
<h:form id="form1" styleClass="form">
<TABLE cellpadding="5">
<TBODY>
value="#{Login.loginData.userid}"
binding="#{Login.loginData_userid_Ref}" styleClass="inputText">
</h:inputText></td>
value="#{Login.loginData.password}"
binding="#{Login.loginData_password_Ref}" styleClass="inputText">
</h:inputSecret></td>
</TBODY>
</TABLE>
<BR>
<h:messages styleClass="messages" id="messages1" globalOnly="false" /><br>
<hx:commandExButton id="buttonLoginData1"
styleClass="commandExButton" type="submit" value="Log In"
actionListener="#{Login._commandActionListener}">
</hx:commandExButton>
</h:form>
</hx:scriptCollector>
</f:view>