Richard,

Unless you are demonstrating a tool that generates another language, you are
not comparing apples.

The problem is that this is not a true representation of either "language".
This is simply a vehicle that pits one person's viewpoint against another.
If it were truly a language comparison, or face-off, you would have multiple
Java experts against multiple .Net experts. And, of course, you would have
added PHP and RPG and even COBOL.

It is not Java vs. .Net, no matter how you spin it. It is EGL being sold to
the masses (at their expense) on one day, and you offering ways to use .Net
with i. One is proven, one is not. Other than the fact that your 'opponent'
has already claimed that EGL is the winner all over this forum, you could
even win the "face off".

My suggestion would be to have an ACTUAL face-off. Why don't we invite you,
Mr. EGL and Mike Pavlak to be on an iSociety Fireside chat? We can invite
questions from the chat audience, and each of you can offer their 'solution'
as the answer to each question - EGL, .Net and PHP. And, I am sure we can
find a neutral moderator....

Trevor