Jon,

I guess we will know it is truly dead when there is a Net.data to EGL tool
available...

Trevor

On 8/8/08 12:57 PM, "Jon Paris" <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Net.data has been withdrawn on all other IBM platforms and has not
been enhanced on "i" in a long time. As someone else has noted, the
only support person in IBM spends most of his time on other products.
To start a new project with it today seems to me the equivalent of
starting to develop a new application on Windows '98 - it still works
but ...

There have been efforts to provide a Net.data -> PHP conversion tool.
Don't know what the current status of that is (perhaps Mike P can
comment) but my suspicion is that IBM will announce an end to support
not long after such a tool becomes available.

Jon Paris