Vern

From: "Dave Odom" <Dave.Odom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Vern,

I don't mind doing something new if its a better direction and doesn't require a
long learning curve to be production and doesn't involve RPG. I'd like to use
REXX but think, for the presentation layer, .ASP/.NET or Java is a better bet,
perhaps PHP. But, just so I look at it, where is the documentation for how to
use REXX with Net.Data.

I'm thinking my stored procedures would be in SQL on the IBM i. If I could make
REXX stored procedures on the i, perhaps better. Can you?

Some of my calls from the presentation layer will require calling REXX
procedures already on the i; called via a CMD file most likely or STRREXPRC.
Some of my calls from the web would be to DB2 Query Manager queries already on
the i.

Thanks,

Dave

8/6/2008 15:21 >>>
Ouch!!!

Anyhow, Dave, you could also use REXX with Net.Data - that technology can use
REXX procedures - actually embedded REXX code, if I remember - to get at the
DB2/400 data. This is basically a kind of CGI technique.

You know I'm just trying to entice you with what you know - but it really does
work well, albeit not as well known these days.

Vern

From: "Evan Harris" spanner@xxxxxxxxxx

-snip-