Raul,

What if RPG is out of consideration?

Your point about .Net requiring two or more servers caught my eye and made me wince. But.. if one must use something like Apache for their environment/language to work, isn't that using two or more servers as well?

Thanks,

Dave

"Raul A. Jager W." <raul@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/6/2008 14:47 >>>
.Net will require two or more servers to do something that can be done
with one.
I won't say "better" to avoid discusion, but certanly one AS/400 alone
will be more reliable than windows + the AS/400, will be less expensive,
will be easier to administre, will be faster...

And, if you already know RPG, just use CGIDEV, you only need to learn a
few functions.

Walden H. Leverich wrote:

To me there are two obvious options for web application development,
Java and .Net. Both are capable of accessing back-end DB2 data, and you
can even call an RPG program if you'd like too. :) While I obviously
have a bent toward the MS land, I will admit both are perfectly capable
of doing anything you want and arguing which is "better" is a religious
argument at best.

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III