Aaron,

It seems to me that the "rich client" model is VERY successful in the real
world. In the past, we had RealPlayer. Flash is one that is common right
now. And, the best example of a thick client that reeks is Apples iTunes.
This is extremely successful.

And, if you want to debate the thick client problem, isn't a browser a thick
client, technically? And aren't we often just working around the various
limitations of the browser client? Wouldn't the preference be to have your
OWN thick client, deployed better (more like Flash than iTunes), and get rid
of all the issues of client discrepancies?

Seems to me a GOOD thick client fits right in to your model??

Trevor