We are running into a problem trying to use commitment control in web based
programs.

We are in the process of porting are "green screen" programs to our web. In
the old 5250 world, we created our files with share(*yes) and all of the
"important" files
were opened with commitment control.

Most of our early web based programs were used to just display data to the
users. We are now starting to bring our maintenance/updating programs over
and are running into
problems. The HTTP server job(s) keep files open after the rpg has ended.
This was causing open errors when we tried to open a file with commitment
control and the job had
the file open without it. We got around this by using user open/ovrdbf
share(*no) in the rpg.

As we expand and are adding calls to existing programs(Printing forms for
example) we are having the same open problems. We do not want to recreate
these programs just to add/remove the commitment control.

Anyone have any advice on how to get around this?

Should we start the programs running in different activation groups
(New/Caller/Default)?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Leonard Hrabar
Senior Developer

Holy Name Hospital
718 Teaneck Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 833-3000 ext: 5861

hrabar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Holy Name Hospital is the recipient of:

2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 Distinguished Hospital Awards for Clinical
Excellence, HealthGrades

2008 Excellence Awards for Stroke, Gastrointestinal and Pulmonary
Care, HealthGrades

2006 & 2007 Awards for Emergency, Outpatient and Inpatient Service
Excellence, J.D. Power

Primary Stroke Center Designation, The Joint Commission

Chest Pain Center Accreditation , Society of Chest Pain Centers

2006, 2007 & 2008 Best Places to Work in New Jersey, NJBIZ

The information contained in this message is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL
and is intended only for the use of the addressee above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the content of
this message is strictly prohibited.