Well Niels, my opinion is there shouldn't be two steps, and when it's ready it's ready, but maybe others have a different viewpoint. I just don't think the trees are going to shake until it's ready.

Although I do understand the tons of stuff that has to be done to get there. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I remember a dot com experience where a vendor hired me to write a web back end to create the Jobs/400 site, and said it had a drop dead date of three months from now, or something similarly dot commish. I wrote code like a maniac, 14,000 lines of RPG in three months, and delivered a full featured working jobs site on deadline, and the vendor and customer screwed around with paperwork or some such nonsense for half a year.

So yeah, yours is a realistic deadline whereas mine wasn't. :)

rd

Niels Liisberg wrote:

Now we are only discussing the time frame for the rollout. We are talking about two steps:

Step 1) Free IceBreak.
You will be able to download and use IceBreak/OS from September 1. 2008
(Roughly time estimate)

Step 2)
Open IceBreak – even more roughly round mid January 2009.

There are load of things to do with website, code changes logistic, changes, paperwork etc. so the concept as a hole will take time.

But how does that sound?

P.S. I certainly hope this is worth the journey. I hope you guys can shake
some trees out there - my genitals are on the line here...

Best regards

Niels Liisberg
IceBreak Chief SW Architect

System & Metode Technologies