Hello Mary

As you seem to know you should store the connection strings in the
connection string section of Web.Config and retrieve them using the
configuration manager (I am a little confused as why you are not doing this,
sorry if I misunderstand)

e.g. MyConStr =
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("iDB2ConnectionString").ConnectionStr
ing

And of course you can encrypt them (every good book on .NET has a section
covering this). I don't use Navigator (nor drag and drop) I write all code
manually but you should be able to move the connection strings to the
web.config file.

I use ISO date fields on the iSeries and so far have learned to live with
this (had to write a view little date utilities in .NET to display them in
the correct format but nothing that is too different from what we have all
done in RPG.

Finally I do believe you can set up a DB2/400 database in SQL server as a
linked database but I have never pursued that route as using the IBM .NET
managed data provider to connect directly is straight forward and probably
provides better performance. Google will provide quite a bit of info on this
but its not the way I would go.

Regards

Maurice O'Prey