Aaron,

If the $3K version was for a developer use, how would IBM prevent an actual
'customer' from getting the developer box and using it for, say...
production?

In other words, how does IBM distinguish between giving a discount to the
developers who would use it to build new apps, vs. the end-customers who
would buy enough of the apps+servers to make IBM the profit they need to be
able to afford selling the $3K version to us?

Trevor