Hi Pete,

Yeah, I was expecting to need a newer base system to cash in on the
new pricing. Anybody know what it costs for a hard drive and stick of
memory in these new systems? When they announced the machines I went
out to the website and added one to my "shopping basket" and came up
with a price of $12k total for what I needed (entry level "Express").
Wouldn't it rock if they came up with a way to have a "hobbyist"
version where you could get the hardware and "IBM i" for $3k? I think
we would see a lot more people having them in their basements and thus
a lot more usage of the platform vs. decline.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com