Is the iSeries user profile getting(already) disabled??

Maybe you should use validation lists in place of "real" profiles.

Bryan

On 3/17/08, DSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hey All!

I am having an issue when I try to go to a website we have hosted on our
iSeries Apache Server. The httpd.conf is set so that it requires the user
to login, which checks the user id and password entered by the user
against the user profile on the iSeries. If the user has a profile and
the login credentials are correct, it should allow the user to proceed to
the index page. However, it repeatedly asks for the login credentials,
and it wipes out the password after the second time. Sometimes it lets
the user in after three tries, sometimes it takes four or five or more.
The more attempts that are taken, the higher the chance that it will
disable the user profile on the iSeries. Nothing is really consistent
with what happens, it varies from user to user and login to login. I am
absolutely certain that the correct user id & password are being provided
for login. What I'm not certain of is why this is happening. Anyone out
there have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Don

Donald W. Smith