that large. Besides, once the browser gets it, it should keep using
the cached version.

Mike E.

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Haas, Matt (CL Tech Sv)
<matt.haas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nathan,

Dojo has some nice UI widgets to it plus stuff to make AJAX really, really simple. The entire library is pretty big buy it only loads what it needs and you can even do custom builds to get smaller sizes.

Matt

From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin [nandelin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 8:03 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Popup Calendar - Show and Tell

If you'd like to see the calendar in a full screen rather than the
down-sized popup frame you can check out:

http://www.radile.com/rdweb/apps/common/html/datepick.html

When shown in a browser window you can see what I meant about the inline
table expanding and shrinking when the window is resized. The source
view shows both the static HTML along with the JavaScript for
incrementing and decrementing dates and updating the inline table.

One thing that annoyed me about some of the JavaScript date pickers I
looked at was the size of the JavaScript file, which sometimes exceeded
50 kb. I wanted to simplify where possible. The HTML + JavaScript in
this calendar is under 7 kb.

Nathan.

--
Sent using goWebtop from Laszlo Systems.
Try it yourself : http://www.gowebtop.com