Walden H. Leverich wrote:
You can't log onto two the same authenticated service with two
different IDs.
Now that I agree with. :) However, I'm not sure it _should_ be fixed. As
another poster mentioned it's very nice to be able to open a second tab
in the same session. But, as you said, now we're in opinion land. :)

Well, not really, because in IE you CAN open a second tab in the same session. You can even open a whole new browser instance by using Ctrl-N. But you can also open a new browser instance in a DIFFERENT session by double-clicking on the icon (effectively launching a new instance from the operating system).

Firefox lacks the capability of the latter, and it has some deleterious side effects.

And again, I'm the open source guy. I've almost completely removed Microsoft software from my desktop with the hope that I can move to Linux (as soon as Rational gets RDi working in Linux). I was just trying to point out what can happen in the open source community. It won't stop me from using Firefox, although I have to admit I'm less sanguine about leaving Windows now; at least I have IE as a fallback right now.

Joe