I'm not really sure for which list this question is suited, but I'll
post here as it is a web related issue.

Background info for the question: We're currently in the process of
designing a major release for our product. The new release has been
designed in libraries separate from our current production release. Our
web site is a ColdFusion application which resides off site and
successfully operates via the iSeries Access ODBC driver when calls are
made to the current production library.

Now, the problem. I have a stored procedure defined in the new library,
and I've created a specific user profile and job description for a new
ODBC connection from the web servers. When the procedure is called
using this new login, the call generates a general SQL error - SQL0901.
I can access the data library without issue, but the not the stored
procedure.

I've tested the procedure using the current user profile for the site
which has authority for our production libraries. I can successfully
call the procedure, but the user profile doesn't have access to the
development libraries. This, of course generates an error in the RPGLE
program that the procedure calls.

I'm assuming that the problem with the new profile is probably a simple
authority issue; however, I can't seem to produce a job log or a
detailed trace that will display more detail. Any suggestions on how to
trace the source of the SQL error?

Tom Armbruster