From: Aaron Bartell

Adding additional functionality to %trim was a new feature added awhile
back
that was the most highly voted item on the ballot. Even Barbara was
surprised that this is what people wanted. My point was that I was
curious
to know if you had an inside scoup on upcoming features in RPG that would
make us really excited for it to come. Adding a second parm to %trim is
not
something people are going to lose sleep over. That is NOT bashing the
RPG
team but rather stating that whatever mechanism in place to judge what the
next features should be has been poor in the past.

Okay. But since we were talking about advancements in the language (and
your insistence that there were few), and at no time was the RPG selection
mechanism ever even brought up, can you understand that someone might not
make the mental leap that you just made? Can you see how your comment might
have been misconstrued?

That's really all I'm trying to point out, Aaron. That sometimes your
comments leave out a detail or two and so those of us with less mental
elasticity might not follow the entire thread of your thought. There was no
malice aforethought, simply misinterpretation.

But you've made your position clear now and I thank you for taking the time
to do so. I apologize if I unfairly read something into what you said; the
mistake was simply because I didn't follow your entire train of thought.
Meanwhile, hopefully you see that I'm not trying to pick a fight, and so we
can move on. I really don't want to argue any more.

Seriously, peace be with you, dude.

Joe