From: Aaron Bartell

I try to work through my thoughts with you, but just
because they don't mesh with yours you start giving me labels before fully
discovering that maybe you didn't understand my statement.

I don't know, maybe I did misunderstand. Please read my follow-on post.
Honest, Aaron, I tried to read something positive or even humorous into
"more appealing features other than being able to trim more than spaces with
the %trim() bif". I just couldn't do it. Every way I read it, it sounded
mean spirited. In your mind, does that sentence say anything NOT unkind
about IBM or RPG?

Ah, I dunno. Maybe I just don't understand you kids and your newfangled
hip-hop talk.

I think your way
of ending a debate is to get the other person to look like they are stupid
by making rash allegations.

No, I really was trying to make a connection, Aaron. I'm not trying to
antagonize you; if I was, every post I made would have some sort of snide
comment, and that's not the case. If you'll note I really tried to help you
in your other problem with the RPG read thing. It's not you personally that
I don't like, it's what I perceive (note that I said "what I perceive") in
your attitude.

I may be wrong, maybe you aren't being condescending. Again, maybe my
personal mores are just a little outdated or something. Anyway, that's why
I'm going to get out of the arguing business.

I hope you don't see THIS as an argument as well! This post isn't meant to
say that you're wrong. I'm just telling you that I, Joe Pluta, see some of
the comments you make as being unnecessarily derogatory or dismissive of the
efforts and skills of others, particularly the RPG development team at IBM.

But it could just be me, and as I also said, I think I'm going to leave that
battle to them now, so hopefully you and I will have no further reason for
harsh words.

Peace, brother, and happy holidays.

Joe