But seriously, Aaron, once you get EGL up and running, you'll see how easy
it is to paint a
screen with an EGL record.

Speaking of which, here is where I am stuck:
http://mowyourlawn.com/temp/RBDe_install.jpg. It won't let me complete the
install. First I downloaded RAD 7.0 and installed successfully, and now
this is the RBDe portion of it. Any ideas?

Here's a point, though. Would you agree that web UI is more complicated
than 5250 screen design? If so, then if EGL can let you put together a good
looking web screen as easily as SDA lets you put together a green screen,
wouldn't by definition EGL be more productive than DDS? I'm just saying...

I will say that it has gotten much better since I first started web
programming. But I wouldn't put it in the same overall league as 5250.

Personally, I think generating HTML in RPG is just plain goofy, but that's
just me.

Generating HTML in Java would have to be just as goofy then, which is
exactly what your JSP architecture does - correct? In reality you are
talking about how well the implementation of a UI strategy is hidden. With
the current RPG Web frameworks it isn't hidden as well.

If you've been talking to Barbara, then you know more about the compiler
than I do! Why ask me when you have the source?

Because I wasn't talking about features that are already public knowledge,
but instead probing to see if your interaction with the Rational team
revealed more appealing features other than being able to trim more than
spaces with the %trim() bif.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com