Snuck that one in on us I guess....

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:46 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] DB2WWW dying

Stop the presses!!!!!

V5R4 has a library called QSYSCGI. It has one object in it called DB2WWW.

On further thought I am going to change my directives to that library.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Mike Cunningham <mcunning@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/12/2007 04:30 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] DB2WWW dying

The purpose of the copy was security. The web server has to be authorized
to the library where the DB2WWW program exists and if you gave it
authority to QSYS any QSYS program could be run by the web server. Why IBM
just didn't ship with a QCGI library with nothing but DB2WWW in it I don't
know.