If you are using the FTP option, I have a set of programs that make it pretty easy to accomplish.

Have a look at my GETiPTF utility:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jbmmdietz/iseries.html

Bryan

Raul A. Jager W. said the following on 12/7/2007 3:05 PM:
You will receive something like:

o DOWNLOAD USING THE FTP COMMAND FROM OS/400
Select this method only if you will be using image catalogs.
In the example below, the directory is named "fixes".
You must store the files in a path within the "root" (/)
directory in IFS.
ftp ptf.boulder.ibm.com <http://ptf.boulder.ibm.com>
ftp> Name: anonymous
ftp> Password: xxxxxxxxx
ftp> namefmt 1
ftp> lcd /fixes
ftp> ascii
ftp> cd /ccss/lv1/us39860/b7539860/00440336/c
ftp> get ftpSF99098.txt
ftp> get ilstSF99098.txt
ftp> binary
ftp> get SF99098_1.bin
ftp> get SF99098_2.bin
ftp> get SF99098_3.bin
ftp> quit

HOW TO INSTALL THE FIXES

Read the information in the ilstSF99098.txt file. Then
follow the instructions on how to install fixes at: