Thanks for the info Jim...

I was wondering about the Brad Stone books and thought about
ordering the two books.

IBM has done their usual miserable job of providing all the tools
but no driving instructions. I can't believe the lack of "tools" for this
part of the system.

I assume Websphere(Webs Fear) is the big
time tool for web development ???

The CGI stuff I found but I have not taken the time to go
through the Easy400 stuff, which I think was developed by
one SE in Italy, who recently retired.

I got a lot of reading to do...

Jim Franz wrote:

Why does everyone say IBM has little ....?
IBM's Redbook - HTTP Server (powered by Apache) SG24-6716-02 (3rd printing)
I used this and had no problem setting it up for RPGLE/cgi stuff.
Pat - if you also want a background of how the webserver runs on the iSeries (not java app server, but html webserver) I got my education thru
Brad Stone's 2 books, e-RPG "Building Web applications with RPG" and
eRPG (V2) and the Easy400 tutorials (free), and
the IBM Redbook - Cool Title About the AS/400 and Internet.

btw - in google - this page showed up (looks like IBM internal stuff about the Redbook & it's sales) someone should tell them....
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/c4f5b71f6110d854852568ff00741746/d131db32b298a49f85256f9b006cbb89?OpenDocument

Jim Franz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Flaker" <jflaker@xxxxxxx>