From: web400-bounces+matt.haas=cengage.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:web400-bounces+matt.haas=cengage.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:27 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Faster HTML Output.

Again you guys are missing the real problem...

The problem is not the SQL statement. To clear it up.... The SQL
statement
is an INSERT into TempTable selecting from multiple tables. This
INSERT
executes in 4 seconds with a large amount of data...

The issue is reading the data dumped into the TempTable and outputting
it
to the HTML page. This morning, I read the first record as 8:26:00 and
read the last record at 8:27:09 from the TempTable.

NOTE: The SQL INSERT started at 8:25:56...

What I'm looking for is getting the data to the user without having to
read
through the TempTable on the iSeries, like an XML document. If I can do
an
SQL into an XML document. But I don't know where to begin with this.

The actual downloading of the built webpage, doesn't appear to take very
long, at least not for me.

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
"The Secret's the Sauce! Enjoy our new Bob-B-Q Pulled Pork Knife & Fork
Sandwich!"

<matt.haas@cengag

e.com>

Sent by:
web400-bounces@mi <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

drange.com
cc

Subject
10/30/2007 01:15 Re: [WEB400] Faster HTML Output.

PM

Please respond to

Web Enabling the

AS400 / iSeries

<web400@midrange.

com>

Sounds to me like you can skip them temp table by adding an ORDER BY
clause to your original query.

Matt

No to reduce the number of records. It's just a subset of records based
on
user selection.

The temp file is keyed.

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
"The Secret's the Sauce! Enjoy our new Bob-B-Q Pulled Pork Knife & Fork
Sandwich!"

"albartell"

<albartell@gmail.

com>
Sent by: "'Web Enabling the AS400 /

web400-bounces@mi iSeries'" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

drange.com
cc

Subject
10/30/2007 01:01 Re: [WEB400] Faster HTML Output.

PM

Please respond to

Web Enabling the

AS400 / iSeries

<web400@midrange.

com>

Look at using a User Index for the temp area instead maybe? Or maybe
skip
the temp file all together by doctoring up your SQL statement to give
what
you need. What is the reason for going to the temp file? A sort?

HTH,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com