From: Pete Helgren

I deployed an EAR using the Websphere console rather than the HTTP Admin
application and I can't figure out where the application deployed. The
app is running but looking at the configuration using the Websphere
Console I can't make heads or tails out of where WAS put the files. It
asked for a folder name when I deployed but it didn't tell me the root
folder name it would be appended to.

Anyone know how to find the deployed files? With Web apps I can pretty
much count on www as being the root folder for web deployments. For
WAS, where the heck did that stuff deploy to? Its WAS Express 6.0 if
that makes any difference.

On the System i, you begin a search down the scary world of the WAS folder
structure. Start at QIBM\UserData\WebASE and work your way down.

I haven't done a thorough analysis of WAS6 on the System i, but I'm quite
conversant with the WAS5 Express structure. My guess is that they'll be
similar. For WAS5 Express you'll find a folder called ASE5 under WebASE and
then under that a folder for each "node" (one for each WebSphere server
defined).

Once there, you can find a folder named installedApps and under that you'll
find a folder of the form MACHINENAME_NODENAME (this one is a real pisser -
it's the name of your System i and the name of your server, which means you
can't just copy or save/restore files in this configuration to another
machine). Finally, under THAT you'll find a folder called yourpapp.ear and
that will get you to your application.

Clear as mud?

If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll do some more digging. When I was
starting out, I found it helpful to write a servlet that dumped the values
returned from File.getAbsoluteFile() and File.getCanonicalFile() to
determine my base path.

Joe