From: Nathan Andelin

Also not wanting to answer for Joe, but in an earlier message I think you
asked me why I use RPG instead of COBOL, C, or REXX, and the simplest
answer is that RPG is the most prevalent of the ILE languages and the one
that IBM has been modernizing the most, but if RPG weren't available then
I'd probably go with COBOL for business applications.

I think I concur here, and I'll go back and address Dave's comment directly
in a moment.

I think Joe meant to say he generated JSPs from display file DDS, but I'm
not sure.

No, I was talking about the fundamental way that JSP works: the JSP
container takes the HTML and generates either a .java file which it then
compiles it into a .class file, or it directly generates the bytecode for
the .class file. In either case, the JSP is converted on the fly into a
binary class file.

Joe