On 6/3/07, albartell <albartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>With the greatest of respect I don't think you should confuse the issue by
inferring that .NET means C#.NET.

What I meant by that statement is that I don't mind C#.NET at all and
actually find it nice to write in (the little I have). I do a fair amount
of Java so C#.NET as a language made me feel comfortable near immediately.
The part I am not particularly fond of is when somebody takes a business
language like COBOL or RPG, slap .NET on it, compile it to SIL code, and
then call it "the same language you are used to, but better" (I am not
saying you have said this, just what I have heard from press releases).

>And as for Windows being an inferior OS to i5 OS I guess you are entitled
to your opinion on that one (some may just disagree a tiny little bit) ;-)

Since you called that statement out - do you think Windows isn't inferior to
i5? Remember, we aren't talking development environments or languages
necessarily, but instead the ability to run an enterprise efficiently for
long term.

check out this claim by Scott Guthrie, the 30 something software exec at MSFT:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/03/25/441074.aspx

-Steve