I don't really know... I don't have enough disk space to really use it on my system. I've installed it, then had to delete it because of the disk threshold. The only reason I bring it up is because the people who develop it refer to it as an open source framework based on CGIDEV2 to allow you to develop applications at a higher level.

In other words, the way they describe it, it sounds exactly like what you're asking for. But, having not really developed anything in it, I'm not sure that I can say more than that.

You might ask this question in the Renaissance forums or on the Easy400Group mailing list, since there are Renaissance developers in both places who will be able to provide much more interesting answers...

albartell wrote:
I started to (based on the last time you brought it up) but got distracted
by higher a priority before I could really dig into it. Could somebody give
me the top 5 cool things that Renaissance offers over standard RPG CGI? Or
what is it that makes you put it into the framework category?