Brad,

Thanks very much for your response. Even though we have some canned
program products written in RPG, no, we don't develop nor maintain RPG.
We only develop in multi-platform IBM SAA languages, like REXX or common
marketplace, multi-platform, mature web languages like classic .ASP,
HTML, yes I like style sheets, VB, javascript and can use Java
(WebSphere environment or not) although don't have any skill in Java
yet, will consider other common marketplace, multi-platform, mature
languages.

Dave

"Brad Stone" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/31/2007 06:50 >>>
Dave,

First it's important to understand if you're building a web
application, no matter the langauge/tool/etc you use you'll
be buidling dynamic HTML, using Javascript, Stylesheets
(hopefully), etc. All that is the same no matter the tool
used.

For my clients I normally ask if they are an RPG shop. If
so, I suggest CGIDEV2 or my eRPG SDK (www.erpgsdk.com).
These allow you to write web application using RPG. So,
if you can build them using RPG and green screens, then
this is just changing the delivery method to use the web.
Which requires the knowledge of HTML, JavaScript, etc.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:06:45 -0700