Bob,

Are you trying to keep them from being able to login on to the system
directly?

No.  What is happening is someone submits a request for a new username &
password.  Currently, when our admins setup the new user, they set their
password to expire upon first login.  What I want to happen is for them to
not set their password to expire and have a program that will change the
date they last changed their password.  So, if someone doesn't have Client
Access installed on their machine, they can still use my RPG CGI program
and not have to install anything.  Again, I'm not sure if this is even
possible or not.

Shane

"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/14/2007 12:44 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] new 400 user question...

Are you trying to keep them from being able to login on to the system
directly? setting the password to expire just makes them change it when
they login it doesn't stop them. We do this whenever i need to reset a
users password. that way when they login it gets changed to make sure I no

longer know it.

Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/14/2007 12:19 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WEB400] new 400 user question...

Does anyone know of a way around the following problem?

If a new user is set up on the 400, and that user will only use an RPG
CGIDEV2 program, whenever they first log in, their Set Password To Expired

is set to PWDEXP(*YES)...so, their password is expired.  Is there any way
that I could get around this?

I've presented an idea that may solve this but I'm not sure how it could
be done or if it even could be done.  If a new user is set up and their
Set Password To Expired is set to PWDEXP(*NO)...so their password is not
expired...is there a way to modify the date the password was last changed
to 59 days ago (if our sysval is 60 days)?  I'm not sure if this is a good

idea though...

Shane