I assume you meant tsdou1 not tsdout1. Based on your statement that the
variable/field value appears to be "1 step behind" leads me to believe that
the order in which your validation code is executed is incorrect.
Unfortunately I can't tell based on the code above. One suggestion I might
have is to add an onchange handler to your textbox that will perform the
validation for that one field. Once the textbox loses focus the validation
will be triggered ensuring that the value in the textbox is set and only
occurs after the user has modified the field. You may need to set focus to
that field after they have chosen the time from table ( tsdou1.focus() ).

Otherwise, ensure that after the user has chosen the time from the table
that the validation is triggered only after the value has been set in the
field.

I hope any of this information helps.

Milan