From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 1:38 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Using HTML for Statements and Reports

Mike Burdette wrote:
However, when I print the page you sent a link to, it does
not print correctly on 8.5 X 11.

Mike,

My work on using HTML for reports and statements is of an R&D nature,
and preliminary.  Maybe you're running into the same problem I did,
where the browser was automatically inserting page headings and footers
into the page prior to printing.  I wish there were some way to override
that behavior through JavaScript, but the only solution I've been able
to come up with is to provide users with explicit instructions to use
the browser print dialog to manually remove headers and footers from the
output.

Or, maybe browser compatibility, or printer compatibility is coming into
play.

If the printing problems could be worked out with reliability, it seems
that HTML would be a better alternative than PDF for some things.

Nathan.