We use HSM and Strategi from Advanced Business Link now.  You need html
concepts for HSM emulation is seemless.
http://www.businesslink.com/homepage.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Ewout N Boter
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:35 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Advice about moving to a Web-environment

I post this message because I would like to get some advice of other
people who have made the transition from a traditional
5250/RPG-environment to a Web/Java-environment.

At our shop, we are only developing 5250-applications. We use ILE RPG in
the way ILE was intended for, i.e. we have created a lot of procedures
to encapsulate business rules, we use service programs, activation
groups, etcetera. Thus, we have adopted some of the modern features of
ILE RPG, but we are still stuck with 5250-applications. We now want to
make the transition to GUI- and/or Web-applications, but we don't know
how to proceed. We have bought some books about using Java on the
iSeries, one of us is doing a course on WebSphere Application Server, we
have some thoughts about a Web-application we would like to build, but
we are not feeling confident enough to really get going. Therefore, I
would like to know how other shops have made the step to modernization.
I think that we might learn a lot from the experience of others who have
travelled along the way we have ahead of us. Any response would be
greatly appreciated.

Ewout