Hello,

Anyway, I'll add OS/400 and recompile and let the list know what I come up
with.

I came up with a patch that tells Nvu to automatically send the NAMEFMT and LISTFMT commands when it connects, and it also changes to the root directory of the IFS (Since Nvu seems to assume that the directory you start in should be the root that you work out of, and makes all directories relative to that -- which, in my case, stuck me in /QSYS.LIB which was unworkable)

If anyone is interested in trying it out, I've put the patch on my Web site at the following link:

http://www.scottklement.com/tools/nvu_os400.diff

I've tested it only on FreeBSD. I do not have the correct compiler to attempt to compile it in Windows, so please don't ask me to do that :) Since the patches relate to FTP, though, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on any platform.

If you're going to file a bug report with the Nvu project, I suggest adding these patches so that they know what needs to be fixed. It wasn't hard to fix, but MAN this program takes a long time to compile! :)