Thanks Matt, do you think it we used the program call class from the
JT400 class library do you think it would do anything different ?

Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx 8/17/2006 11:15:31 AM >>>
Mike,

To be able to get environment info, the program has to run in the same
stack as the CGI worker job. When you call it as a stored procedure,
the
program ends up being run in a different job so you will not be able
get that information.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces+matt.haas=thomson.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:web400-bounces+matt.haas=thomson.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of
Mike Cunningham
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:09 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: [WEB400] Access to HTTP Environment data

We have an RPG CGI application that we call from other RPG CGI
applications that we use for checking for valid cookies, checking our
unique security rules, and for doing some activity logging. When RPG
CGI
app A calls RPG CGI app B, app B has full access to the HTTP
environment
data and can do any of the CGI API calls.  We now want to use this
same
RPG CGI application from a java application. We created the RPG CGI
app
as a stored procedure in order to make it easier to evoke from java
but
when the java app runs the stored procedure the RPG CGI app is not
able
to retrieve any of the HTTP environment information. I had originally
thought it was because the java app as running in a Websphere job
where
CGI apps run in an HTTP server job but a Java app has full access to
the
HTTP environment information. Could what we are seeing be caused by
the
call to a stored procedure ? If we used a native call to the RPG CGI
app
from Java instead might it give the RPG CGI app access to the HTTP
environment ? Our last resort is to have the java app retrieve the
HTTP
data and pass it as parameters to the RPG CGI app so it can still do
the
other functions it needs to do.