From: albartell

Did you read it???  The point is that they HAVEN'T come clean.  They
haven't yet explained what the security hole is.

Yes, they DID come clean and here is when they did it which was the very
next day meaning you did not dig far enough before you ranted.

You're right, I missed that bit.  Then again, you missed the whole thing.
And the original post did NOT come clean.

Also, (weak excuse) I have trouble reading that website with IE.  Their CSS
causes monster overlap on my PC.

Life is all about by-passing personalities and seeing what one really has
offer.  That approach is needed on this list all the time to wade through
flames and such to see if points are valid or if somebody is just having a
bad day.

I disagree.  Life is all about personalities and something that's COMPLETELY
lost in today's world: character.  I make my business decisions based as
much on who I am working with as on what they sell.  If somebody is a
complete wanker in public, they're more than likely to be even worse in
business dealings.

They (as in some of them) swear all the time in large groups of people.

Swearing in public is different than putting up a screen in front of a room
full of people that says "F--- you".  At least that's MY opinion.

Anyway, I'm not anti-Ruby, or anti-Rails.  They're kinda nifty.  However,
they're also just one more thing to add to the noise-to-signal ratio in our
industry.  And when people go jumping on some bandwagon without actually
doing any research, it really confuses the issue.

The truth is that Ruby right now is a pretty good scripting language.
Personally, though, I'm not sure that scripting languages are valid for
mission-critical systems, or that they can be used in enterprise level
development.  The "design by testing" methodology doesn't really work in
applications of even medium complexity, and that's what dynamically typed
languages rely on.

Joe