Move the direct function below you includes, and then in your code, call the
direct function like this..

%include "inc.define"
%include "inc.runsql"

----> Your direct call function.  I used mine...

%function(DTW_DIRECTCALL) WeekUpdate(in char(10) USER,
                                     in char(10) sundaydate,
                               inout decimal(1,0) errorDU,
                               inout dtwtable Table_UpdateWeek)

 { %EXEC { /QSYS.LIB/@dtw_rstrip(as400library).LIB/WEEKUPD.PGM %}

%}

%html(main) {

%if($(action) == "new")
 @DTW_SETCOOKIE("sns_irt_session_id", $(session), "expires=Friday,
10-Nov-2050 00:00:00;path=/")
%endif

@DTW_GETCOOKIE("sns_irt_session_id", psession)

%IF($(RETURN_CODE) == "8000")
  IRT Session has not been established or has expired.<br><br>
     Please close this window and restart the application.<br>
%ENDIF

@WeekUpdate(USER,sundaydate,err,Table_UpdateWeek)

%IF($(PSTATUS) == "N")
  IRT Session has not been established or has expired.<br><br>
     Please close this window and restart the application.<br>
 @DTW_EXIT()
%ENDIF

Hth, tim