That's about the same (30x) performance difference between
my eRPG SDK and CGIDEV2 once we're up to 10,000 iterations
(single unique replacements on each iteration, basically a
counter).  Your test would be closer to 30,000
replacements/iterations.

http://www.bvstools.com/erpgsdk/graph.html

The graph represented here was duplicated on a 570
partition, but the iterations needed to be greatly
increased over that on the 170.  :)  The curve was the
same, though.

Of course, even with all this a more realistic speed test,
and which would barely be noticable, would be about 10
replacements with 30 rows of data.

Brad