I think it would be best to break down your environment and see what would
meet your companies needs the best.  If you are heavily reliant on IBM for
your critical business apps then I would suggest sticking with them because
all the necessary vendor communication channels have been developed and
there is understanding of "how things work".  That is completely unrelated
to programming, but none-the-less something you should think about.

Asking which is better, Struts or ASP.NET, is really way to high level of a
question and the responses you get will most likely be just the same.

With that said, Struts is on its way out with JSF and/or Tapestry coming in
to continue the Java web browser facing legacy.  That means you will see
very little new development done on the Struts front and a TON of
development being done on the JSF and Tapestry fronts.

One thing I have found with anything Microsoft is that you can get up an
running in practically no time compared to other alternatives. That a lot of
times is because there is one way to do it in their tools, period.  But they
have a lot less community evaluating all the different layers of technology
to ensure they are ready for business.  The opposite is true for Java. The
learning curve for writing a J2EE application vs. a ASP.NET/VB.NET
application is going to be much higher, but that is because the J2EE
environment has so many choices and configureabilities. At times you will
pull your hair out because all the combination of technologies in Java can
be optimized in so many different respects (say different way to do the same
thing).  For a beginner that is frustrating because you just want to get a
simple app out the door.  For somebody that has been around J2EE for awhile
it is nice because if something isn't operating as you would like you can
get in and make necessary tweaks.

My personal opinion is that IBM has been business server focused for many
decades and Microsoft is just getting their feet wet the past 5 years
(talking app servers and operating systems and not languages here).
Microsoft will catch up fast though because they have the money and the
benefit of looking at IBM's mistakes, but IBM is still the leader.  Which
would lead me to say you should stay with a superior business server company
if you have a company that needs reliability, robustness, etc.

I recently attended IBM's ITSO forum in Rochester MN and was given new
reason for why I stay on the iSeries. They made me confident that they have
some of the most superior low-level hardware functionality in the market
today, and that percolates up to application efficiency (i.e. J2EE
applications).  I can't seem to find the link to the ITSO

HTH,
Aaron Bartell