From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:24 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] How do I create a web page that....

Isn't telling someone who doesn't know who to write a web application to
use AJAX a little like asking a first grader to build a nuclear bomb?
Yes, the results will be pretty cool if he pulls it off but chances are
he'll just pretty frustrated.

Charles -- I think your first question should be: How do I write a web
app? Net.Data is easy, RPG CGI (regardless of how you do it: API's,
CGIDEV2, etc...) is more work but you have more control. Unless you know
Java, I wouldn't think about WebSphere. I would be very surprised if you
can't find a simple example either in this list's archives, the archives
for RPG400-L, or Ignite/400's (http://www.ignite400.org) mailing list
archives. There are plenty of Net.Data examples on Ignite/400's site,
BTW.

Matt