On 3/22/06, web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> True, but in that case you're using a separate IP address for each domain
> name instead of a different port. That should work with different
> instances too. Just have each instance bind to a different IP address.
> But, what didn't occur to me in that last message, is that you could
> potentially run different instances under different IP addresses instead
> of different port numbers.  That would work.

This is a great idea, and I like it far better than using different
ports.  Put a second IP address on iSeries, and have the test/dev
instance listen on that IP and the production instance listen on the
original (primary) IP.  I wish I had thought about it when I first
setup CGIDEV2 on my iSeries.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx