The best way to handle this is to make the page able to handle it
(usability is hard but your users will love you for it, or at least it
will be one less thing to complain about, LOL). This usually means that
you need to persist the data. Since you're dealing with credit cards,
cookies are a no-no which means that you probably need to create a table
to store the information. If you go this route, you should also make
sure to encrypt the data when you store it (use 128-bit or higher AES).
The credit card companies are really cracking down on this and will levy
big fines against companies that they find aren't doing this. Even
worse, they'll cut you off from being able to accept their card.

Another thing you can do (you should actually do this anyway since you
don't want transactional data cached) is make sure that you're doing a
POST and write out the expire HTTP headers (these go after the
Content-Type header):

Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: 0

When a person hits the back button, they'll get an error about expired
data.

Of course, you could always be evil and make a window open up without
all of the navigation buttons but that still doesn't prevent someone
from using keyboard shortcuts.

Matt