From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dave Reiher/prairiefarms
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:01 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Web Admin

Thanks Matt!

Actually SSL and authentication have been the one thing giving me grief
and it is not really like the UI helps out much there anyway.
I will definitely check out that book, I am running Apache it just seems

like out on the Apache site it is some times tricky finding exactly what
am looking for.
Is the book any better??

    Dave Reiher
    System Analyst
    Prairie Farms Dairy - Corporate
    Ph: 217.854.2547 ext. 254
    dreiher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/29/2005 03:58 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WEB400] Web Admin

You can solve the "need to know what you are doing" problem with any
number of books and web sites that cover Apache 2.0. With the exception
of a few items (SSL, options for basic authentication, and I think
LDAP), it's configured exactly like the open source version. I have a
copy of a book called "Professional Apache 2.0" and it's great. The
httpd.conf file in the open source version is also well commented and
it's worth a download just to get that file.

If you want to create a new instance manually, you can do that by:

- Creating the directory structure in the root file system.
- Creating an httpd.conf in your conf directory (you can actually call
this anything you want, just put the right file name in the member you
add below)
- Adding a member to QUSRSYS/QATMHINSTC that points to your server
directories and the config file

You can now start and stop this server with the STRTCPSVR and ENDTCPSVR
commands.

Note that there may be API's to do some or all of this. If not, it
wouldn't be hard to write a program to do this.

Matt