From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Douglas W. Palme
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:03 PM
To: Web400 List
Subject: [WEB400] Feedback on approach requested

I would like some feedback from the list regarding a project we are
going to
start working on.

We want to list our available loads on our website in an image map, so
that
when the user hovers their cursor over a particular state it will
reflect
the number of loads we have available and if they click on the state it
will
provide them with a listing of the load information.

This by itself should be easy enough to accomplish with Bob Cozzi's
tool, my
question is more along the lines of extracting the specific number of
loads.

One way which I am not thrilled about would be to query it with SQLRPGLE
and
put out the data.  We could also maintain a separate PF that contains
the
name for each state and a numeric value with the number of loads
available.

Obviously to display the actual load information will require an sql
call,
which is fine for that aspect, but getting the initial page to load
would be
much faster if it was to read a simple PF that could be updated when a
load
is booked (+1) or (-1) when a load has been assigned.

Any thoughts, suggestions on the approach would be appreciated.