It seems that there are multiple directories set up for
production and development.  So that is up to you where you
want to put them.

One thing you'll want to do is learn how to run the
configuration and set it up, change it, etc.  No tool will
teach that.

No tool will also allow you to get buy without knowing
HTML, JavaScript, Stylesheets, Server Side Includes, etc.
 These are all topics that should be learned before taking
on any production web programming tasks.

For reference, here is an example of the configuration my
eRPG SDK sets up.

Listen 63.167.147.101:8080
DocumentRoot /www/erpgsdk/html
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel Warn
DirectoryIndex index.html

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%{Cookie}n \"%r\" %t" cookie
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer

CGIConvMode %%EBCDIC/EBCDIC%%

<Directory />
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order Deny,Allow
   Deny From all
</Directory>

<Directory /www/erpgsdk/html>
   Order Allow,Deny
   Allow From all
   <FilesMatch "\.html(\..+)?$">
       Options +Includes
       SetOutputFilter Includes
  </FilesMatch>
</Directory>

Alias /catalog /www/erpgsdk/catalog

<Directory /www/erpgsdk/catalog>
   Order Allow,Deny
   Allow From all
   <FilesMatch "\.html(\..+)?$">
       Options +Includes
       SetOutputFilter Includes
  </FilesMatch>
</Directory>

ScriptAliasMatch ^/e-rpg/(.*) /qsys.lib/erpgsdk.lib/$1.pgm

<Directory /qsys.lib/erpgsdk.lib>
   allow from all
   order allow,deny
   Options +ExecCGI +Includes
   SetOutputFilter Includes
</Directory>

Once installed it will set up and run the samples.  That's
one reason for the /catalog alias.  That is a seperate
shopping cart example included with the product.

But, all the source is there for the samples as well in the
ERPGSDK library.  As you can see from the config, /e-rpg
maps requests to this library (as opposed to /cgi-bin which
is normally used).

Looking through your example it's fairly easy to follow the
paths, but with Apache there is always 10 ways to do one
thing and no one seems to do it the same way, which may be
confusing.  :)