How do you install JDK 1.4?  Is it a PTF?  I've tried looking for it.

Jeff

"Haas, Matt" <Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces+jeff=vtinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/11/2005 12:22 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WEB400] Slow Web Admin

Ricky,

We also have a 720 with 1 gig of memory and it's dog slow (especially
the first time you use it). Installing JDK 1.4 with the latest group
PTF's will help some but chances are you're either paging like crazy or
you have enough going on that it's CPU bound (you'll need to do some
investigation to see where your problems are). The 8xx and newer
hardware runs Java much better (the admin GUI for the Apache servers are
Java based) so short of buying a new box, your best bet for managing the
HTTP servers is probably going to be from the command line. About the
only things you can't do from the command line are create new HTTP
servers (not entirely true but it's not documented and there's a lot of
configuration you need to do manually) and manage certificates.

Matt